WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
On this episode of Bootstrappers we are going to dig into imposter syndrome which is the overwhelming feeling of self-doubt and feeling like a fraud. Interestingly this feeling disproportionately impacts high-achievers. Executive Coach Nicole Winkler of LYF Coaching and Development joins us to talk about the causes of imposter syndrome and the best ways to combat it. Gwenn also tells us about her experience hitting a professional wall with imposter syndrome and how she overcame it.
- 01:44 How to define the impostor syndrome
- 03:17 Signals that the impostor syndrome is affecting you
- 05:28 Gwenn's experience with the impostor syndrome
- 09:44 Words that we use to disqualify ourselves
- 12:00 Limiting beliefs or core beliefs, and how CBT helps to identify and get rid of irrational thoughts
- 20:00 The one question you should ask yourself to reprogram your mind with the correct beliefs
- 21:03 How to integrate new behaviors that drive to action
- 23:56 Why we have to make peace with our past to become our best selves?
- 25:35 The body Keeps the score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- 28:28 Staying humble: How to avoid being an insufferable jerk
- 30:57 How to see failure as an opportunity to learn something and move forward
- 37:50 BOOK GIVEAWAY: The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in spite of It - By Valerie Young
ABOUT OUR GUEST: NICOLE WINKLER
Nicole Winkler is a certified executive coach out of Omaha Nebraska with LYF Coaching & Development. Prior to her current role, she worked as a licensed therapist for over a decade. Winkler is also working on her doctorate in education and leadership. Winkler specializes in helping entrepreneurs, their families and teams succeed with individual, couples and team coaching sessions and workshops.