WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The decision on whether to bring maintenance in-house is a big one for any property management company. In this episode, we explore the ins and outs of bringing maintenance in-house. How do you keep people safe? What KPIs should you measure for maintenance? What workflows are best? How do you manage maintenance professionals? Should you buy fleet vehicles? Does it make money? Get the answers to these questions and more on this episode.
- 02:45 Deciding to bring maintenance in-house
- 03:03 Afraid of having employees
- 04:48 Evaluate what services you can do
- 06:50 Using a professional employer organization
- 10:40 Benefits of getting maintenance in-house
- 11:46 Policies and limit the relationship with tenants
- 16:00 Technology solutions to track maintenance and technicians
- 17:30 Weekend's maintenance and quick quoting response
- 22:10 Time tracking and billable hours
- 23:20 How to know if your employees are being profitable
- 30:50 All about training systems, safety and liability committees
- 36:03 Processes and procedures for maintenance services
- 36:30 Best practices
- 37:07 Hiring a maintenance technician
- 39:00 Marketing and branding for your maintenance company
- 44:30 Weekly meetings
- 45:40 Giveaway Book: Traction by Gino Wickman
Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business.
How to participate in the Book Giveaway - Bootstrappers Guest Choice:
- Step 1: Subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
- Step 2: Subscribe, rate, and leave a review on Apple Podcast Bootstrappers Show by Anequim. We will choose the most insightful review or question.
- The winner will be posted on Facebook.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
In the past, Jeremy worked in the transportation and logistics industry and lived in Mexico.
Jeremy has hosted and co-hosted a number of radio shows in the Omaha area over the years.